PDA

View Full Version : Straw Hat Bounties (as they should be)

F-A-Hinataforever
11-13-2010, 07:29 PM
Here is the problem I have with the Straw hat Pirates:

Except for Luffy everybody has way too low bounties!!!
I wanna hear what you think the bounties of each Straw Hat should be considering how important he /she is for the Crew and their Combat strength.

As for me I would say the following:

Luffy

(400 million ( as it is in the story)

Zoro

(300 million (we have to see that he is not as strong, influencal and important as Luffy but still a Power to be aware of in the One Piece Universe)

Nami

(100 million at least!! I mean her Skills as Navigator made Luffy to what he is today. Without her he wouldn't have gotten anywhere.)

Usopp

(100 million again if not much higher. First the shooting from the Tower of Judgement in the Enies lobby saga was cmpletely badass and what he did after returning to the Crew after time skip was beyond incredible awesomeness)

Sanji

(200 million Reason: he broke the neck of a freaking Pacifista!!! Most pirates cannot even make a dent in such a thing!!)

Chopper

(290 million Reason: as the ships doctor he is the person responsible for healing everybody. That makes him far more worth than his bounty he has right now. Furthermore it makes him an even greater threat considering that Luffy and the others would have been defeated long time ago wouldn't Chopper always bring them to full power again. Oh and we shouldn't forget Chopper's talent for battle stradegies, his ability to talk to animals and translate it and his rumble ball!!!)

Robin

(150 million I might underrate her because I don't really think she has as much battle power as Sanji, Zoro, Frankie or Luffy. But that aside she has an incredible common knowledge and a fantastic master of her devil fruit powers.)

Franky

(200 Million What would the Straw Hats do without a ship?? Not only that but Franky has Combat Power that is off the Charts and he can build bridges and alternative ways in the heat of battle (f.e. against Oars. And now after the time skip he seems to have upgraded himself even more not to mention the modification he probably has done to the Thousand Sunny (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Thousand_Sunny))

Brook

(80 Million well Brook is the only one I am not really sure if the bounty is too low. Still I think he also need to get some encouragement for what he has done so far for the crew.)

Wooter
11-13-2010, 11:08 PM
Well, unfortunately the bounties are calculated upon known concious fighting capabilities.
Not on navigation, healing or knowing a lot of general stuff, it is solely based upon what battles they have gone through.
So it's simply but logical that Brook, Usopp and Nami have a relatively low bounty compared to the rest.
Chopper should imo be around 30-40 million. This because, he is quite weak (pre-timeskip), and hasn't had any significant value in FIGHTING himself other than beating the weakest enies lobby guy by practically giving his life to the rumble balls and transforming into that big hairy sexy monster thing.

Shanks115
11-14-2010, 12:11 AM
Its a good bet but bounties are calculated by the threat they pose to the world government.Chopper's bounty is so low because no one saw Chopper in that small form in a fight.

Rika Furude
11-18-2010, 11:54 PM
I do think that Robin bounty is low in your estimate.She has been chased by the world government for over 20 years.:p

Resistance
11-19-2010, 03:54 AM
Very interesting.
So could F-A-Hinataforever and everyone else please specify if your estimated bounty is according to the PTS or TS version of the character?

Zionist
11-19-2010, 04:24 AM
Mine here are Post Time Skip, what I think they should be, being based off the Marine's way of calculating Bounty, by threat level.

Monkey D. Luffy - $700,000 Million sounds better than $400,000. Although, it's justified do to being away from the public eye for two years.

Roronao Zoro - $400,000. Being the second strongest in the crew and a key player in the attack at Enie's Lobby. Kizaru having to attack him means that he was a big enough threat to the marines that Kizaru had to actually be there.

Black Leg Sanji - $200,000 - He doesn't get as involved in the fighting and I wouldn't say he's as strong as the two above but he is still a key player in the crew's fighting talent.

Usopp The King Of Snipers - They don't know he exists. Remember Sogeking is the one with the bounty of...$30,000 IIRC? And I doubt he would go back to using that mask anymore, he seems proud enough of himself that he wouldn't hide anymore. But if caught with the straw hats then the minimum I would say they give him would be around $100,000.

Cat Thief Nami -$150,000 Navigator of the crew and getting to be a decent fighter with the weather stick Usopp made her. Took down a member of the Baroque works on her own.

Tony Tony Chopper - $40,000 He's not been deamed too much of a threat by the Gov't as of yet. But as soon as they see him fight they'll see he's worth the Bounty. He's not just a Cotton picker, he's an excellent doctor as well.

Miss All Sunday Nico Robin - $200,000 A threat to the Gov't and the world from such a young age, been on the run all her life for as long as she can remember. Teaming up with the revolutionaries for two years, that doesn't get you on the good side of the Gov't.

Cutty 'Franky' Flam - $150,000 The ship right of the crew and one of the noticeable antoganists at Enie's Lobby. Disciple of the man who created Roger's Ship. His bounty is the only one I'm not too sure of though.

Humming Brook - $50,000 Having gone missing for so many years and probably thought dead doesn't have really any effect on one's Bounty. But being a Straw Hat I raised his bounty a bit.

Thoughts?

Personally, I'm more interested in the Bounties of 4 other pirates in Particular. Namely, Mr. 3, Croc Boy, BUGGY and BON CHAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! :bored: :cry: BRING HIM BACK ODA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Resistance
11-19-2010, 05:03 AM
Mine here are Post Time Skip, what I think they should be, being based off the Marine's way of calculating Bounty, by threat level.

Monkey D. Luffy - $700,000,000 sounds better than $400,000,000. Although, it's justified do to being away from the public eye for two years.

Roronao Zoro - $400,000,000. Being the second strongest in the crew and a key player in the attack at Enie's Lobby. Kizaru having to attack him means that he was a big enough threat to the marines that Kizaru had to actually be there.

Black Leg Sanji - $200,000,000 - He doesn't get as involved in the fighting and I wouldn't say he's as strong as the two above but he is still a key player in the crew's fighting talent.

Usopp The King Of Snipers - They don't know he exists. Remember Sogeking is the one with the bounty of...$30,000,000 IIRC? And I doubt he would go back to using that mask anymore, he seems proud enough of himself that he wouldn't hide anymore. But if caught with the straw hats then the minimum I would say they give him would be around $100,000,000.

Cat Thief Nami -$150,000,000 Navigator of the crew and getting to be a decent fighter with the weather stick Usopp made her. Took down a member of the Baroque works on her own.

Tony Tony Chopper - $40,000,000 He's not been deamed too much of a threat by the Gov't as of yet. But as soon as they see him fight they'll see he's worth the Bounty. He's not just a Cotton picker, he's an excellent doctor as well.

Miss All Sunday Nico Robin - $200,000,000 A threat to the Gov't and the world from such a young age, been on the run all her life for as long as she can remember. Teaming up with the revolutionaries for two years, that doesn't get you on the good side of the Gov't.

Cutty 'Franky' Flam - $150,000,000 The ship right of the crew and one of the noticeable antagonists at Enel's Lobby. Disciple of the man who created Roger's Ship. His bounty is the only one I'm not too sure of though.

Humming Brook - $50,000,000 Having gone missing for so many years and probably thought dead doesn't have really any effect on one's Bounty, but being a Straw Hat, I raised his bounty a bit.

Corrected. Nevertheless, a steak post.

Zionist
11-19-2010, 10:07 AM
Ah Antagonist....sorry, those two words get me at times :/

Is it really Enel's Lobby? I swear where I read it it looked like Enie's......stupid fanslations

Resistance
11-20-2010, 02:32 AM
Antagonist is just one word.
So actually Sogeking's bounty isn't 80,000,000 beli but 30,000,000 beli.
I used enies lobby but then someone corrected me saying that enel lobby is the correct one.
Enel lobby was the first spelling till they changed it to enies lobby.
Edit: So i prefer EL.

Zionist
11-20-2010, 03:19 AM
oh wow only 30? He played a pretty big part in the Enel's Lobby Arc. What with his actions on the train and then actually at the Base......eh, if it's 30 it's 30, time to correct.

When I said two words, I meant Antagonist and Protagonist...ya know since they're pirates it's sort of weird with the wording seeing as they're the hunted

Resistance
11-20-2010, 03:53 AM
Well, i think people are judging bounties a little too harshly.
Arlong's head is worth a mere 20 million beli and can shoot water like shotgun shells.
Sogeking's major actions were the burning of the WG's flag.
That earns you 30 million beli, the WG is already being generous.
So you view the pirates as the antagonist?
In OP, there is no such thing as protagonist or antagonist IMO.

In EB, the average bounty heads is 20 billion extol.
Arlong has the highest bounty before luffy defeated him with a staggering 200 billion extol.

Edit: Enies Lobby is the right spelling, you're right.

Zionist
11-20-2010, 04:03 AM
Well, i think people are judging bounties a little too harshly.
Arlong's head is worth a mere 20 million beli and can shoot water like shotgun shells.
Sogeking's major actions were the burning of the WG's flag.
That earns you 30 million beli, the WG is already being generous.
So you view the pirates as the antagonist?
In OP, there is no such thing as protagonist or antagonist IMO.

In EB, the average bounty heads is 20 billion extol.
Arlong has the highest bounty before luffy defeated him with a staggering 200 billion extol.

You're confusing me now. You go from Million to Billion. We haven't seen anyone in the Billions yet, let alone 200 Billion, that'd be insane.

I can agree with the no such thing as pro and antagonist thing though. As pirates being the main characters but pirates also being the enemy of the world.

Resistance
11-20-2010, 04:05 AM
I got you.

Arlong's bounty is 20 million beli or 200 billion extol.
See what i did?

Zionist
11-20-2010, 04:09 AM
Extol? Lower form of money in One Piece I assume?

Resistance
11-20-2010, 04:14 AM
No, a totally different currency in OP.
Skypieans, Shandians, and Bilkans all use extol instead of beli.
So actually sogeking's bounty is pretty high for what he deserves.
Arlong obviously deserved higher though so my comparison isn't fully valid.

Cadian134
12-08-2010, 11:52 PM
Extol.... wonder if any bounties are in extol :p

Resistance
12-09-2010, 06:52 AM
None.

ten char

Cadian134
12-09-2010, 08:41 AM
None that we have seen but i'm sure there are some scene as the people of skypiea and such would have bad guys.

ten char? what does that mean?

Resistance
12-09-2010, 08:51 AM
Baddies in skypiea? None.
They fear enel too much.

Means nothing.

Cadian134
12-09-2010, 09:00 AM
Enel no longer exits and as you say it is not just skypiea.

How much do you think Zoro is worth now?

Resistance
12-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Skypieans are at peace with the shandians, no one in the right mind would be a criminal now after eons of war.

Other sky islands have access to the blue sea thereby learning about beli,
so extol only exist on skypiea and maybe other sky island which don't have access to the blue sea but may have other currency.

Around 400 million beli.

Cadian134
12-09-2010, 04:12 PM
You put him the same as Luffy then? any reason?

I doubt it would be that high he has done no where near as many things as luffy.

Resistance
12-10-2010, 04:57 AM
You asked me how much Zoro is worth right now in the current manga.
At least 400 million is my answer.
Chopper is worth much more than 50 beli isn't he?
Zoro worths at least 400 million but i believe his bounty will remain unchanged or increased to about 220 million.
Luffy is obviously worth at least 550 million but his bounty stays at 400 million.

Cadian134
12-10-2010, 06:27 PM
Arghh sorry for that.
Do you think the marines will keep them low?
Or do you think that Oda has put the straw hats beyond the clutches of bounties much like the empourers?

Resistance
12-11-2010, 06:39 AM
I would rather read your answers to your questions.

Cadian134
12-11-2010, 01:41 PM
As you command.

Humm it's a tough one, if they hadn't caused such a fuss on there return at Archipelago then I would be tempted to say the marines would leave them as they are. Depending on weather Oda believes the straw hats warrant bounties if they do then I think the marines would have to increase them.

Though do we know of anyone with a higher bounty than 400 mil? maybe there is a maximum bounty?

Resistance
12-12-2010, 03:58 AM
Dragon's bounty should obviously be higher than 400 million.
I think that it is about time for oda to reveal the SH bounties and other pirates bounties especially whitebeard's.

Cadian134
12-12-2010, 11:58 AM
Indeed, but does the Navy even bother giving people that powerful bounties, instead sends it's own powerful troops to defeat them, like admirals and such?

Resistance
12-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Exactly, the new world pirates isn't much of a threat to the admirals either so why bother giving bounties to powerful pirates if no bounty hunter is strong enough to take them on when you can sent admirals to kill every single pirate? The shichibukai can bounty hunt though. If i were an admiral, i'll kill or capture every pirate in paradise before going to the new world.

Cadian134
12-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Yes It would make sense to just have an admiral perminantly stationed at Archipelago just to get the upcoming pirates, it's almost as though they let the try to get to the new world...

Resistance
12-13-2010, 04:02 AM
We hardly see rear admirals and up patrolling paradise, that's why supernova existed in paradise. Seriously, a very good point.

Cadian134
12-13-2010, 05:51 AM
What would there reasons be to leave them alone? perhaps they hope they will just perish on there way to the new world? or they hope they will cause trouble for the current emperors or maybe they just want them away from marine ford. Though the main base has now switched the other side... humm

Kanoke
05-08-2011, 08:49 PM
I think the bounties should be as following based on abilities.
Luffy 400 million
Zoro 200 million
Nami 45 million
Ussop 80 million
Sanji 180 million
Chopper 60 million
Robin 100 million
Franky 65 million
Brook 50 million
Feel free to debate my opinion.

Zionist
05-08-2011, 09:12 PM
But it's not based on ability. It's based on threat to the World Government. I think they see it as direct threats too. So Chopper won't be getting a very high bounty anytime soon unless they see him doing something like what he did up in Skypeia.

I do believe Zoro should and will be higher once the crew leaves FI and reach the New World and Sanji will follow his jump in bounty. Franky as a shipwright won't get much higher for the same reason as Chopper, size doesn't particularly matter in One Piece, his change in body will definitely warrant a new Bounty though, his old picture is just a different person now. He's unrecognizable by those who don't know him.

Kanoke
05-08-2011, 09:15 PM
I know it isn't based on ability. But if it were, I believe that's what the bounties would be. I believe that Sanji deserves a much higher bounty though. Ussop has more courage now and I can see him doing more radical things than before which will, in turn, increase his bounty.

Resistance
05-09-2011, 04:32 AM
I think the bounty doesn't matter anymore.
Anyhow, I feel kanoke's list doesn't fit at all.
If we're going by threat, you're giving a too low, a bounty.
Remember, we're in the manga section.

Kanoke
05-09-2011, 11:37 PM
Let's just wait until the bounties of New World pirates are revealed. We have no idea how high they will be. Luffy might be close to bounties of the Yonkou. Or the yonkou bounties may be far above his.

Skele-bones_F!
05-30-2011, 05:42 PM
id atleast hope sanji has a bounty of more than 100mill this time around

Kanoke
06-19-2011, 06:15 AM
Jinbe said in the most recent chapter that He didnt expect luffys bounty to increase as much as it did. So Resistance was right. Bounty increases require exponentially more threat to the government.

Skele-bones_F!
08-25-2011, 02:54 PM
well being he is who he is, lineage and evry thing else id guess thatd make him atleast 500 instead of the 400...

Resistance
08-26-2011, 06:33 AM
I would reckon that the rise from a hundred million beli to three hundred million beli had taken that threat into account. Hence the reason for the recent hundred million beli raise was only to address his infamous lineage and build public awareness.

With that said, bounty hunters capable of capturing these criminals should surface in a few arcs down the lane.

Skele-bones_F!
08-27-2011, 03:13 PM
agreed there hasnt been all this talk about bounties for there not to be a hunter capable of taking thier heads