Go Back   Anime Forum > Extended Discussion > Extended Discussion and Debate forums > Theological Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 03-21-2012, 08:29 AM
Resistance's Avatar
Resistance Resistance is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,955
Points: 7,315, Level: 59
Points: 7,315, Level: 59 Points: 7,315, Level: 59 Points: 7,315, Level: 59
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
Blog Entries: 3
Rep Power: 5
Resistance will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Any Christians Here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopyPanda11 View Post
That may be true that both sides should be seen, but that's like saying we should interview Terrorists' point of view and compare them to ours and have a debate over a cup of tea.
Satanists with good intentions? The thought makes me laugh. It sounds invalid to this debate in my opinion. Maybe Christians gave up on the sacrifing heifers thing to convert to more civil ways of worship, such as going to church, or whatever.
That is a wrong comparison. Terrorists are actively killing people and are fighting against the authorities. Satanists did not do that. The thought makes you laugh because your religious beliefs say so. It may sound invalid, but it is valid to this debate. You are avoiding the statements altogether. The christians convert to more civil ways of worship because? Maybe they lost faith or maybe science came about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopyPanda11 View Post
Well then, I'll swallow my pride & continue my 'cherrypicking'. God doesn't protect us? That's probably true, I'll admit. It's every man for himself in this world. I might admit that saying 'God is here' is just some false security to help you sleep at night. TBH, I thought the bible's Revelation was written by a guy experiencing hallucinations.
At least you question your dogma.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopyPanda11 View Post
Oh... seems I misread his post.
I don't see how it sounds ridiculous, it makes some sense. the very word Hell sounds like a terrible place. But since good people die in this world, gods & demons alike bask in tormenting us. They join in eternal war with each other's rivalry.
Really? It really makes sense to you? Are you serious? To you, the very word 'Hell' sounds like a terrible place. To others, its a beautiful place. However, if you really want to know the truth. You must not settle for how it sounds like to you. Seriously, Take out your bible and check it up.
__________________
"Keep thy motives in heart, with closed mouth. We are those who will weave history with the Ringing of the Great Belfry."
  #82  
Old 03-21-2012, 09:20 AM
Michael115's Avatar
Michael115 Michael115 is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: S'pore
Posts: 499
Points: 1,053, Level: 18
Points: 1,053, Level: 18 Points: 1,053, Level: 18 Points: 1,053, Level: 18
Activity: 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
Rep Power: 3
Michael115 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Any Christians Here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resistance View Post
You are therefore ignorant, self-centered, deluded and indifferent to the interests of the world.
This is a fact not an opinion. In your defense, i shall say that being ignorant, self-centered and indifferent to the interests of the world is nothing to be sad about. It is a way of life, a type of perception that frees one from the worries of others. So this type is thinking is encouraged in some countries.
Therefore, you are a psychologically strong individual.
You expressed your views proudly with power and confidence too.
To answer your question, anyone can prove you otherwise.
However, if you said "If i say that christianity is the best thing that ever happened to me in my opinion." then nobody can prove you otherwise.

Christianity is the best thing that ever happened to you in your opinion.
It may not be the best thing that ever happened to you in others'.
Fact: It is not the best thing that ever happened to you.
Therefore, you are deluded. Proved.
It is my opinion if i say its the best thing that happened to me than to me that is a factual statement because i weigh in my own experiences.If a fact is made up of what a majority of what other opinions like what you stated "It may not be the best thing that ever happened to you in others' .Then god would be fact now because 54% of the world population are adherents of the Abrahamic religions.Tell that to an atheist.
Therefore,You are deluded in thinking that i care about what you think when i blatantly stated that i do not.Proved fact-Nobody can prove me otherwise unless you can make me change my point of view that religion is the best thing that happened to me.Another facto not waste your time trying as it is futile.You probably have more luck trying to squeeze gold out of a tree.
__________________
  #83  
Old 03-21-2012, 12:47 PM
Resistance's Avatar
Resistance Resistance is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,955
Points: 7,315, Level: 59
Points: 7,315, Level: 59 Points: 7,315, Level: 59 Points: 7,315, Level: 59
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
Blog Entries: 3
Rep Power: 5
Resistance will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Any Christians Here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael115 View Post
It is my opinion if i say its the best thing that happened to me then to me that is a factual statement because i weigh in my own experiences.
Wrong. That's like saying "It is my opinion if i say i am the strongest human in the world, then to me that is a factual statement because i weigh in my own experiences." I understand where you are coming from. However, that is a delusion. The word 'delusion' may not be a very nice word to see but it is actually not so bad. Being deluded is sometimes preferable, maybe even blissful.
The idea is that if i truly believe in something, it becomes a fact that applies only to me. This is because i believe in it. Example: I truly believe that i can fly. Therefore, it is a fact that i can fly because i believe that i can. I really believe it, so who is anyone to tell me otherwise? It is a delusion but an interesting idea nevertheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael115 View Post
If a fact is made up of what a majority of what other opinions like what you stated "It may not be the best thing that ever happened to you in others' .Then god would be fact now because 54% of the world population are adherents of the Abrahamic religions.Tell that to an atheist.
How did "It may not be the best thing that ever happened to you in another's."
become "a fact is made up of what a majority of what other opinions"?
What are you reading? What are you eating perhaps? To answer your question, a fact is not made up of the majority's opinions but neither is it made up of yours. Your last two lines are rendered pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael115 View Post
Therefore,You are deluded in thinking that i care about what you think when i blatantly stated that i do not.Proved fact-Nobody can prove me otherwise unless you can make me change my point of view that religion is the best thing that happened to me.Another facto not waste your time trying as it is futile.You probably have more luck trying to squeeze gold out of a tree.
You are deluded in thinking that i am deluded in thinking that you would care about what i think when you blatantly stated that you do not. Proved.
I don't even know why you would think that i would think that you would care about what i think. Truth be told, if you really did not care about what i think then why bother to reply to me? So maybe you were deluded in thinking that you did not care about what i think. Either way, you are the deluded one.
What kind of fact is that? Thats like saying "Fact: I have the sense of vision unless my retina lense cannot pick up any electromagnetic wave from the electromagnetic spectrum." Don't try to copy me untill you are ready.
You do not even know the meaning of 'fact'. "Do not waste your time trying as it is futile" cannot be a fact. It's the same as "Fact: Try to be silent in the library."
__________________
"Keep thy motives in heart, with closed mouth. We are those who will weave history with the Ringing of the Great Belfry."
  #84  
Old 03-21-2012, 04:34 PM
The Observer's Avatar
The Observer The Observer is online now
Super Moderator
Malugia of Irfan
RPG'er
Expert Mage
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: World of Information
Posts: 8,808
Points: 23,818, Level: 100
Points: 23,818, Level: 100 Points: 23,818, Level: 100 Points: 23,818, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
Blog Entries: 9
Rep Power: 7
The Observer Has shown honour and chivalryThe Observer Has shown honour and chivalryThe Observer Has shown honour and chivalryThe Observer Has shown honour and chivalry
Send a message via MSN to The Observer
Default Re: Any Christians Here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopyPanda11 View Post
That may be true that both sides should be seen, but that's like saying we should interview Terrorists' point of view and compare them to ours and have a debate over a cup of tea.
Satanists with good intentions? The thought makes me laugh. It sounds invalid to this debate in my opinion. Maybe Christians gave up on the sacrifing heifers thing to convert to more civil ways of worship, such as going to church, or whatever.
Unlike terrorists, Satanists don't go around and murdering people. I forgot what kind of Fallacy this was; I think it was a false analogy.

You more can compare Christians to Terrorists; since they actually killed before. Like Texan that killed an Atheist Soldier. [ I'm not saying all Christians does it ]

Quote:
Well then, I'll swallow my pride & continue my 'cherrypicking'. God doesn't protect us? That's probably true, I'll admit. It's every man for himself in this world. I might admit that saying 'God is here' is just some false security to help you sleep at night. TBH, I thought the bible's Revelation was written by a guy experiencing hallucinations.
Seems that you questions the religion you're following.


Quote:
Oh... seems I misread his post.
I don't see how it sounds ridiculous, it makes some sense. the very word Hell sounds like a terrible place. But since good people die in this world, gods & demons alike bask in tormenting us. They join in eternal war with each other's rivalry.
Just because of the " word" doesn't describes as a horrible place. And the funny thing is, according to teh bible, if a Good Person dies, and he an atheist, he going to hell I guess God only like the kool katz
__________________
"Life is like a game, You always lose at the end"
Check These Forums: Battle Arena & Dragon Ball.
My Drawings: My Drawings & ShineCero
Rolelplay OCs and Threads: Check It
Zyster / Smith & Zaion / Susie Charm
And I know that I still got time...But I do not think I'm invincible..
  #85  
Old 03-21-2012, 04:35 PM
Itsuki Predator Itsuki Predator is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Finland
Posts: 31,380
Points: 31,434, Level: 100
Points: 31,434, Level: 100 Points: 31,434, Level: 100 Points: 31,434, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
Blog Entries: 40
Rep Power: 0
Itsuki Predator is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Any Christians Here?

word of the bible is too old to this day everyone who think with own brains know that but it seem that still here is peoples that thinks bible as a law..go circumcision your kids and eat ****
  #86  
Old 03-22-2012, 05:41 PM
Eruner's Avatar
Eruner Eruner is offline
Citizen: Royal Clan.
Fighter
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Slovakia
Posts: 2,894
Points: 5,469, Level: 50
Points: 5,469, Level: 50 Points: 5,469, Level: 50 Points: 5,469, Level: 50
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Blog Entries: 23
Rep Power: 4
Eruner has shown loyalty and contrubutedEruner has shown loyalty and contrubuted
Send a message via Skype™ to Eruner
Smile Re: Any Christians Here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negative View Post
Have you been to hell? Have to ever seen this place? How do you know Hell is actually a good place and it was only deem bad because the Christian God is butt hurt towards Little Lucy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resistance View Post
Are you serious? I suggest you read Negative's post again. Negative is saying that assuming Hell is a horrid and terrible place for the afterlife just by believing in the Bible is ridiculous.
Wait guys, as I know, only Christian religion (and probably Jewish) came up with "Heaven" and "Hell" terms and theory about that.
And the difference between them was like "Heaven is good place and Hell the worst place", but of course, in very simple meaning and words.

Similar simplification of words had been needed when the religion was spreading and explaining to common people, or to educate children.
As the words became more easier to understand and explanation simplified, the content lost partly in meaning. And for young teenager and adults that wasn't enough, naturally, so they started thinking about these questions. And some are lazy to go "to church every Sunday", some were inspired by another philosophies, some think that's so old-fashioned and unmodern nowadays (or just too childish for them), some of them listened the clerk/catechist with ears and realized "oh, this makes sense now".

But the point, what I want to say is, when I see argument like "Have you been to hell?", absolutely useless, and quite childish.
According to Christian religion, is "Hell" the place where a "physical body" cannot enter or remain, so the question "have you been there (physically)?" is a nonsense.


I want to continue debate about Heaven/Hell little more, and logically argue why the "Hell" is not such wonderful place you may think.
Firstly, I mention fact that your body cannot enter the Hell, only your soul/spirit.
And soul without body cannot perform any action like breathing, touching, hugging, manipulating with physical object, etc. (in general, I hope you understand me)
And for now, assume that soul can have feelings, that soul can be happy, depressed, enjoyed, scared and so on.
Now look what the Hell offers: pain, despair, darkness, sins, fear, terror...
And because soul can't kill/bite/ripe/steal/smoke/drink/have sex/etc without physical body, I wonder how could one enjoy that feeling in darkness full of fear, pain, despair and no love there.
So hell as wonderful place is "delusion".


Well, Bible may sounds like book of bullshits when you stick onto easy explanations shallow-brained meanings and "playing with words" arguing, but if you put at least a little effort to listen and think what's Bible about, you will find deeper and deeper meanings and more parts will make perfect sense.
__________________

"Speak the truth, support others, be vigilant, never give up. And enjoy life."
Eruner (OC)--------DeviantArt --------My cards
  #87  
Old 03-22-2012, 05:46 PM
Itsuki Predator Itsuki Predator is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Finland
Posts: 31,380
Points: 31,434, Level: 100
Points: 31,434, Level: 100 Points: 31,434, Level: 100 Points: 31,434, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
Blog Entries: 40
Rep Power: 0
Itsuki Predator is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Any Christians Here?

eruner is right. hell is terrible place where your sole will br tortured forever is bot some damn wonderland. it's only pain forever, pain and pain and pain







Last edited by Itsuki Predator; 03-22-2012 at 05:50 PM.
  #88  
Old 03-23-2012, 04:42 AM
Resistance's Avatar
Resistance Resistance is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,955
Points: 7,315, Level: 59
Points: 7,315, Level: 59 Points: 7,315, Level: 59 Points: 7,315, Level: 59
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
Blog Entries: 3
Rep Power: 5
Resistance will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Any Christians Here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruner View Post
Wait guys, as I know, only Christian religion (and probably Jewish) came up with "Heaven" and "Hell" terms and theory about that.
And the difference between them was like "Heaven is good place and Hell the worst place", but of course, in very simple meaning and words.
Almost every religion came up with "Heaven" and "Hell" theory.
You have not raise any points as of yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruner View Post
Similar simplification of words had been needed when the religion was spreading and explaining to common people, or to educate children.
As the words became more easier to understand and explanation simplified, the content lost partly in meaning. And for young teenager and adults that wasn't enough, naturally, so they started thinking about these questions. And some are lazy to go "to church every Sunday", some were inspired by another philosophies, some think that's so old-fashioned and unmodern nowadays (or just too childish for them), some of them listened the clerk/catechist with ears and realized "oh, this makes sense now".
Not educate, more like misguiding. It never makes sense, it only appeals to humans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruner View Post
But the point, what I want to say is, when I see argument like "Have you been to hell?", absolutely useless, and quite childish.
According to Christian religion, is "Hell" the place where a "physical body" cannot enter or remain, so the question "have you been there (physically)?" is a nonsense.
Prime example of a hypocritical text. Thank you hypocrite. You don't even understand this debate at all. Satanism says that a "physical body" can enter and remain in hell. So the question "Have you been there(physically)?" is valid. "Have you been to hell?" is absolutely valid and usefull not to mention quite profound. Your argument on the otherhand is ridiculous, perfect hypocritical texts. Beautiful example of a brainwashed creationist. A perfect work of the deluded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruner View Post
I want to continue debate about Heaven/Hell little more, and logically argue why the "Hell" is not such wonderful place you may think.
Firstly, I mention fact that your body cannot enter the Hell, only your soul/spirit.
And soul without body cannot perform any action like breathing, touching, hugging, manipulating with physical object, etc. (in general, I hope you understand me)
And for now, assume that soul can have feelings, that soul can be happy, depressed, enjoyed, scared and so on.
Now look what the Hell offers: pain, despair, darkness, sins, fear, terror...
And because soul can't kill/bite/ripe/steal/smoke/drink/have sex/etc without physical body, I wonder how could one enjoy that feeling in darkness full of fear, pain, despair and no love there.
So hell as wonderful place is "delusion".
It is not a fact that the human body cannot enter hell. Where did you get this fact? What have you been eating? Soul? What the heck are you eating?
Assume that i am the devil, since i exist.. the devil exists..
Now i will tell you that hell is a perfect and wonderful place. Seriously, don't kid yourself. So hell as a horrible place is a delusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruner View Post
Well, Bible may sounds like book of bullshits when you stick onto easy explanations shallow-brained meanings and "playing with words" arguing, but if you put at least a little effort to listen and think what's Bible about, you will find deeper and deeper meanings and more parts will make perfect sense.
Wrong, if you put at least a little effort into reading your make-believe book, you will realise what a fool you have been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsuki Predator View Post
eruner is right. hell is terrible place where your sole will br tortured forever is bot some damn wonderland. it's only pain forever, pain and pain and pain
You need medication. First, you say that the bible is bull. Next you happily agree with bible propaganda. You are not taking this seriously and neither will i. You are a troll.
__________________
"Keep thy motives in heart, with closed mouth. We are those who will weave history with the Ringing of the Great Belfry."
  #89  
Old 03-23-2012, 07:18 AM
LoopyPanda's Avatar
LoopyPanda LoopyPanda is offline
Senior Mod Section Leader Training
Shooting Star
Community Mod
RPG'er
Fire breathing Dragon
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: My Puppy's heart~
Posts: 37,825
Points: 70,298, Level: 100
Points: 70,298, Level: 100 Points: 70,298, Level: 100 Points: 70,298, Level: 100
Activity: 44%
Activity: 44% Activity: 44% Activity: 44%
Blog Entries: 408
Rep Power: 8
LoopyPanda Has shown honour and chivalryLoopyPanda Has shown honour and chivalryLoopyPanda Has shown honour and chivalry
Send a message via Skype™ to LoopyPanda
Default Re: Any Christians Here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsuki Predator View Post
eruner is right. hell is terrible place where your sole will br tortured forever is bot some damn wonderland. it's only pain forever, pain and pain and pain
You're going to think I'm a total butthurt, but are you kidding me? б_б
First, you say the bible is crap, then you agree with something that sounds completely deluded? Pick a side, man.:rageface:
__________________
The Epically Random Trio: Loopy, Maka, ~Sukichu~
The Art Center!|RPG Characters|RPG Status: Active

Last edited by LoopyPanda; 03-23-2012 at 08:18 AM.
  #90  
Old 03-23-2012, 07:33 AM
Itsuki Predator Itsuki Predator is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Finland
Posts: 31,380
Points: 31,434, Level: 100
Points: 31,434, Level: 100 Points: 31,434, Level: 100 Points: 31,434, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
Blog Entries: 40
Rep Power: 0
Itsuki Predator is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Any Christians Here?

I don't belive god but I do belive hell is real thing also I belive it's much same kind than it was in dante's inferno. also I'm not full Christians I'm also Lutheran so I can belive what I want
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
www.animeforum.org.uk